Rasheed Taylor – Car Accident Lawyer helps clients who have been injured in a car or motorcycle accident on the Texas freeways. Call our main location for a free consultation and case evaluation.
Houston Car Accident Attorneys
Texas Car Accident Lawyer
There were 40,100 motor vehicle deaths in 2017 according to estimates by the National Safety Council. The safety council also estimated that 4.7 million people were seriously injured in motor vehicle crashes that same year. Victims do not just sustain traumatic injuries in such accident but also have to deal with financial and emotional consequences.
Do not suffer in silence if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by another person’s negligent actions. Contact a qualified car accident attorney that will work tirelessly to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. An attorney can help you recover medical and hospital bills, lost wages, funeral costs and more.
How an Experienced Attorney can Help You
Your attorney will quickly start the process of forming a strong case against the defendant’s side. The attorney will review your case, help you gather evidence and give you the necessary advice you need to make informed decisions about your case. The most urgent factors your attorney will look at following a traumatic car crash include:
- Funeral costs
- Medical treatment and other medical costs now and in the future
- Lost wages
To form a strong case, you will need to submit all the documentation needed to establish a claim so that you can receive a settlement you deserve. Your attorney will handle the medical providers, insurance companies and the litigation process so that you can focus on your recovery.
What you need to know about Insurance Companies
Since Texas is a fault state, insurance companies will first determine fault before they provide coverage. It is the insurance of the at-fault or negligent driver that should pay for your losses. However, insurance companies are mostly interested in obtaining the lowest possible settlement. Your attorney has experience negotiating with insurance companies and will always demand you get the full compensation you deserve.
Car accident statistics for Texas
There are many people that get injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents on Texas Roads and Highways. There were a total of 551,971 crashes in 2016 according to data compiled by the Texas Department of Transportation. The following are some crash facts in the year 2017 according to the Texas Department of Transportation:
- 281, 853 people were in motor vehicle traffic crashes
- Everyday there was a death resulting from a car crash
- 552 people were killed in head on crashes
- 761 people were killed in crashes in intersections or related to intersections
According the Texas Department of Transportation, some of the most common reasons why motor vehicle accidents happen are:
- Not yielding to pedestrians: Most accidents happen when a driver fails to yield at a left turn
- Driver inattention: Drivers must pay attention to the road at all times to avoid road hazards and other dangerous situations.
- Distracted Driving: A driver that eats, talks on the cell phone, grooms, and so on while driving is being distracted. More than 100,000 accidents related to distract driving occurred in Texas in 2015.
- Texting and driving: Texting actually shifts the attention of the driver away from the road and onto the cell phone screen.
- Drunk driving
Our office offers free case evaluations over the phone to all potential car accident injury clients. We serve all of Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and the entire State of Texas. Call our office today to schedule a free consultation. In most cases you can speak to an attorney on the phone the same day.
Our lawyers are licensed in the State of Texas. We focus on personal injury law to help our clients obtain the best possible recovery for their injuries.